History of DRBC
DRBC was incorporated May 31, 1965 under the name Fort Myers Baptist Church led by Pastor Melvin Just.
In 1968, Fort Myers Baptist Church changed its name to Southside Baptist church after a larger facility was purchased on Cypress Lake Drive. The church worshipped at this location until 1984, when it moved to its current location on Daniels Parkway and changed its name to Daniels Road Baptist Church.
Over the last 50 years many lives have been impacted by the ministry of DRBC. It is a joy to celebrate God’s faithfulness and we look forward to reaching out to our community for many years to come.
Highlights of our history:
- 1965 – Bible study began in Indian Creek Park in Fort Myers Beach
- 1966 – Church purchased 4.5 acres on Cypress Lake Drive
- 1983 – Purchase of 7.5 acres on Daniels Road
- 1984 – Services began in new facility
- 2001 – Worship Center completed
- 2004 – Addition of outdoor playground for Children’s Ministry
- 1965-1980 – Pastors Just, Metts, Lowery and Addleman
- 1980-1994 – Pastor Willard Benedict
- 1994-2006 – Pastor Chris Hindal
- 2007-2008- Pastor Mike Eiras
- 2009-2016 – Pastor Erik Bennett
- 1996-2001 – Pastor Jeff Demerly
- 2001-2009 – Pastor Don Fields
- 2003-2009 – Pastor Jim Galvin
- 2011-2014- Pastor Isaac Denton
- 2015-Present- Pastor Dave Wilson